However, I do not believe that new year's resolutions are pointless. Instead, I think that they are merely misused and misunderstood. If you are going to set goals haphazardly, then yes they're useless. On the other hand, if you want to make the most out of this year and you do a little planning, you can make your new year's resolutions last and perhaps they can even change your life. So, are you ready to make 2013 the best year every? Here are some tips not just for new year's resolutions, but for goal setting in general:
1. Pick reasonable goals. Don't say you want to run a marathon if you can't run five feet right now.
2. Write down your goals. Writing down goals helps to cement them in your mind, and if you place them somewhere you can see, it helps to focus you on them every day.
3. Pick a few good goals. Don't overwhelm yourself with fifty goals, chances are you won't stick to very many of them.
4. Make gradual changes. If you try to change to much at one time, you will fail.
So, with all that being said, I would like to write out my new year's resolutions on here for all to see. This will help me to cement my goals and make me work harder to stick to them. It also gives you some examples of what I believe to be good goals.
- Improve my diet by adding in fruit, and removing hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup.
- Write more often.
- Attend all of my classes and improve my GPA.